Sunday, November 16, 2014

Soul Sister

Update:  Soul Sister has been adopted!

This is Soul Sister!  She's a super-sweet dog.  

She was really nervous around me at first, but got over it after I was patient with her for just a little bit of time.

She is really smart, too.  She figured out how to ride in my car, navigate stairs, and navigated my autumn yard really fast!  I could see her puzzling things out, and she generally didn't need much help.

Every time I take a dog out to get pictures for the blog, there is really the same pattern.

I spend some time letting them get used to their new surroundings, and learning that they can trust me.  Sometimes I can get some good pictures of this, but not always.  I think that she did great, below!



She checked out all four corners of my yard, sniffed some leaves, and peered between the fence slats, then came back to say hi to me.


But I'm always waiting for that moment, that "spark."  When the dog stops being careful and self-conscious around me, a stranger, and starts behaving more naturally.  Starts having fun.  With Soul Sister, it was finding a squeaky toy buried in the leaves.


The "spark."

I had picked up the squeaky toy to get her attention at this point.  Look at those beautiful eyes!

I of course let her play with it for a little bit, and got numerous pictures of her having a greyt time.  The pic below is one of them!




She was very attached to me by the end of our hour together, and became quite the velcro dog!  She promises to lavish her person with affection and adoration.

She is a lovely dog and I can't say enough good things about her.  I watched her today at the Bathathon for a time; and she seemed to be having a good time with the volunteers, and meeting the other hounds.  I can't wait to hear that she has her own home (and maybe a slightly cleaner squeaky toy!)



No comments:

Post a Comment